Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday lab time

That's right...I talked myself into starting the crazy man's experiment today.  But really, I'm doing it because I want to (and because I'm an incurable people pleaser).  I just can't help myself.  

I'm finding that I really enjoy being in lab alone.  There's been a lot of negativity in our lab for a long time now (and for good reason).  I don't think I really realized how much that's been dragging me down, even when my experiments are going well.  

However, today's experiment is NOT going well.  Most of my work is done with primary mouse cells, and they are usually limiting in number, sometimes making it difficult to do some of the biochemistry stuff I'm working on.  So I'm trying the preliminary stuff for the mass spec craziness in a couple of transformed cell lines.  Therefore, I should have cells coming out my ears, especially relative to how many cells I can normally get.

NOT.  For some reason, I have lots and lots of death.  Which means that despite having two giant flasks of cells, I may not have enough to do what I wanted to do today.  That makes me a little sad.  It's looking like, despite my best intentions, crazy man is just going to have to wait.  And he can't blame me for it.  Hopefully I'll have enough cells to at least do something, but we'll see.

No comments: