Thursday, April 3, 2008

Links to the absurd

  • A blogger subpoenaed: Kathleen's Neurodiversity blog has been served.  (Curtsy to PalMD.)  ETA: Liz has a list of blogs addressing this issue and her take on it (she's listed in the subpoena).  Also check out the slightly longer version of my thoughts on this.
  • An "All time ass-whooping" for science?  See also Orac's er, um, comments about his broken irony meter.
  • Disgruntled Julie has a post about PIs being a little nutso.  (Of course, I have some much more hair-raising tales, but those will come in time.)
  • Really, how do people take Jenny McCarthy seriously?  I read somewhere a few weeks ago that she had posted some sort of call to action video on YouTube.  Not thinking clearly, I searched her name on YouTube.  You can imagine the types of things I turned up...
  • And because I was trained from birth to be a Braves fan: 

2 comments:

Liz Ditz said...

Thanks for mentioning the Seidel/Neurodiversity subpoena.

I am one of the 100+ bloggers mentioned in item 5 of the subpoena.

I am keeping a running list of responses to the Seidel subpoena at I Speak of Dreams. I've added your blog.

WomanScientist said...

Thanks liz! I'm planning a full post about it, so check back in a few days.