Would anybody believe that the level of crazy in my life has only increased? Lets go with bullets…
• After 6 rounds of chemo and a disturbing amount of radiation, my mom is officially in remission! (Of course, that doesn’t stop me from occasionally looking at statistics and freaking out, but that’s another story for another time.)
• The week after we found out my mom was in remission, TM and I went on a fantastic vacation.
• Since we got back from vacation, my grandfather has had open heart surgery and TM’s grandmother has now been in the hospital for going on 2 weeks.
• I was supposed to have a committee meeting in January. I didn’t.
• I’m getting really angry about some of the people that are defending in other sub-programs in my umbrella program. Also another story for another time.
• FailProject, which I mentioned in my last post, has given me some really awesome data. I have an incredible phenotype and absolutely no frickin’ clue what the mechanism could possibly be. I'm fascinated, but it’s starting to make me a little nuts.
• In other projects, one is wrapping up nicely, if a bit slowly, one is promising and the other I’m scrapping. So there.
• We just got word that a couple of friends in Japan are doing well!
• I’m really hoping things will settle down now and I’ll be able to crank out a couple of papers and defend. And I’ve at least made it to the point where the thought of interviewing for postdocs doesn’t make me have a panic attack.
Perfect Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 day ago