Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday links (because I'm too lazy to write a real entry)

  • Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde has an awesome post up about a utopian lab collective, where everyone gets to do the things they're good at.  I still haven't decided which job I'd like...I kind of like doing everything.  Maybe that's a good sign, since I want to be a PI.  Hmm.  Food for thought.
  • FSP's guide to academic etiquette.  Good advice, and more than enough sad but true anecdotes.  Because even smart people sometimes lack that thing known as common sense.
  • Finally, Dr. Isis's young scientist reading list.  I just recently discovered Dr. Isis, and I absolutely love her blog.  Perhaps she's my alter ego?  ;)  Maybe at some point I'll start reading again.  Then I can really let you know what I think of Dr. Isis's picks.  Of course, I may just keep knitting
  • Speaking of knitting...there will be pictures eventually, I promise.  I have finished the baby blanket I'm had been hating working on.  (And apparently the recipient looks like Yoda, but I haven't met him yet.  The baby, not Yoda.  Oh geez.)  I also knit a pair of socks and have two scarves in progress.  My weekend goal will be lots of pretty pictures.  Maybe some of the garden too.  And now I'm just rambling because I don't want to do lab work.  Hmph!

No comments: