Monday, January 19, 2009

RBOC: Not a 3 day weekend edition

• I’m all for encouraging kids to read! Even if it is fluff (or trash). God knows I read a lot (and I mean a LOT) of fluff and trash when I was younger. For that matter I still do. I just think when books become as popular as, say, Twilight, that perhaps we should be thinking and talking about them a little more.

• I had an incredibly hot dream this morning about an incredibly hot guy, and although it was totally (and almost disturbingly) G-rated, I’m still distracted about it. Still.

• Despite the fact that it is a university holiday, we’re all here in lab. Apparently the Crazy One only believes university holidays apply to us when it suits him. He got seriously ticked last year when most of us were only here a half day or so on MLK day. But of course, it’s fine for him to take off to Disneyworld for the better part of a week and not even mention that he may not be in.

• On the other hand, Crazy Man and I have been on pretty good terms lately. Maybe it’s because one of the private society grants I wrote got funded!!! Of course, he also doesn’t realize that I really don’t have any new data since before Christmas, despite all my best efforts.

• Hopefully, the data will start flowing again. If not, I’m going to lose it. It’s starting to get frustrating.

• Crazy Man looked like I had kicked a puppy when I told him that I had found a meeting to go to. By myself, since he won’t commit to going anywhere with me. I assume he looked so sad because it’s a more signaling/cell biology oriented meeting and not really focused on our sub-field. I figure it’s a good idea to leave the nest a little, since hopefully I will be leaving the nest for good in the not too distant future.

• Speaking of which, things seem to be happening so quickly! It’s really starting to get a little scary. More on this later.

• Three of my cousins are pregnant. THREE! All younger than me, of course. Wait, of course they’re all younger than me…I’m the oldest girl. I don't knit that fast people! I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep up. Of course, I do have one blanket almost done. More to come...

• My brain is definitely functioning like it’s Monday. Guess I better get to work.

No comments: