Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yawn

It seems someone has covered my chair in superglue.  At least, that’s the memo my butt sent me.  I just can’t bring myself to get up and do anything at all.  I need to go thaw out some cells.  This is a major ordeal because we have a rotating student that’s sitting at the desk where the computer with our frozen cell log normally is.  Why is that a problem?  Well…the computer is an ancient piece of junk, but the big problem is that it’s currently sitting on the floor.  And I refuse to get that much of my body that close to the grody lab floor.  So there.  Of course, in the time it’s taken me to write this, I remembered that I printed out the entire log as a backup, and it’s sitting in the file cabinet beside my desk.  Easily within arm’s reach.  Hooray!!!

Of course, then I have to trek down the hall and fiddle in the liquid nitrogen for who knows how long, mostly because the cells probably will not be where the log says they are.  But that’s just the kind of week it’s been.  And then after all that I actually have to deal with thawing the cells?!?!  This is why I’m getting absolutely nothing done this week.

The smart and efficient thing to do would be to work on one of the two manuscripts I currently have in progress, assuming I can’t unglue myself from my chair.  But no.  That will not do.  It’s a much better use of my time to surf the internet.  And I’m really having to resist the urge to text my sister and tell her to stop being a manipulative bitch, but that’s another post entirely…

No comments: